Weekend in Review: Canada Day Edition


This weekend, our country celebrated its 145th birthday.
I feel privileged to call this wild and outstretched land my home.


The weather this weekend was top drawer. 
Blue skies for miles and uninhibited sunshine that left me tanned and squinty. 
B and I worked around the house all weekend, but took some time out 
to enjoy the birthday celebrations. 

:: Recipe share ::

Saturday breakfast: Banana Bread Pancakes – a staple in our house.

Sunday breakfast: Carrot Cake Oatmeal – I'm thinking this will fall into our regular 
breakfast rotation. I may or may not have eaten 2 bowls, 
followed by a third when I came home from my run.



And we finally did something with the sad dead tree that stood in the middle of our backyard.


We chopped the top off and turned it into a table. Take that HTGV!



I also came to the surprising discovery that strawberry milk is a pleasant summery-substitution 
for regular milk in my morning coffee. B was utterly grossed-out by this.

Hope you enjoyed your long weekend.



Comments

Popular Posts