weekend in review

This past weekend beat me down. It was a whirlwind of events and although there was much driving involved, I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Friday night, Brad and I had a gig at our favourite pub – The Local, in Barrie. The night started out a little quiet but things picked up and we were playing to a crowded house before we knew it.

Saturday morning I got up early and made us a hearty breakfast. We needed something to sustain us for the busy afternoon ahead. By noon-hour, we unpacked all the sound gear from my car, re-loaded it into Brad's truck, and were on the road shortly after to our next gig. We were playing at Orillia's Streets Alive festival, and boy-oh-boy Saturday was a scorcher, not a cloud to be seen. Luckily we had a canopy tent to shield us from the sun. Playing in the heat certainly drains all the energy out of you. On the way home we popped into Dairy Queen for a tasty treat to refuel.

Upon returning home, I grabbed a quick shower, kissed Brad goodbye and hit the road (once again), Toronto bound for the Session 99 Beer Festival with my sister. This was unlike any other beer fest I have ever attended. It was a higher-ticketed event, but once you paid and were inside the compound things got crazy. It was a bounty of craft brewers all waiting to fill up your glass (a truly bottomless glass at that). Needless to say, it was a fun albeit hazy evening.

(this was clearly taken early on – I've since found more pictures on my camera capturing the progress of our evening, but I'm sure as shit not sharing those)

I ended up crashing at my sister's place in the city for the night, then made the hour and a half drive home the next morning. Needless to say, I was in bed by 8pm on Sunday night. Pooped, I was.

Comments

Popular Posts